CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

So Long, Farewell


Helmet days are gone! Hooray! When I took Simon in to his appointment on Thursday, I was telling Ari (helmet therapist?) how Simon won't keep his helmet on at night and during naps. How he takes it apart and tosses the pieces under the crib. Imagine digging around for various pieces 5 times a day....grrrr! So she decided to scan his head and see if he could be done. He went from an 11 to under 1(zero being perfect!)

So we left the office helmetless....yay. I think Livvi misses it though because when I get them up she will point to the ground and go "uh-oh" thinking Simon took it off and tossed it.



I dedicate this post to you dear helmet
we will miss cleaning you every night
we will miss putting you back together after two 18 month olds tear you apart and try to eat you
we will miss seeing you on the floor
or in Livvi's crib
goodby dear helmet

4 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

That's great he was able to not have to wear it anymore. Sounds like he had lots of fun taking it apart though!

Unknown said...

Little helmet did its job and Simon, I think, was very patient all in all. I love the pix and the poem.

Evans Family said...

Yeah! What a good day!

The Clark Family said...

Ok, that blog was super cute and funny. What a great sense of humor over something that was probably really hard too! And Olivia pointing and saying uh-oh is so cute! And yay Simon!