Chapter 2 Preparation before all things……kind of
So when thinking about what happened next in our story I thought about all the craziness of just a few days and what an emotional roller coaster we were on. So instead of boring everyone(myself included) on a detailed log of events, I think a summarization will do just nicely. We went from potentially adopting twins on a Thursday, to flying out to
So here are the highlights:
Thursday We called family and told them we are being strongly considered for the adoption of twins. Those were some of the BEST phone calls. To have such support and love. Mom’s Dad’s, sisters, brothers crying with us as our dreams seemed like they were finally coming through…..hopefully
Friday Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. I remember spending all day on the phone, fax machine, email and computer trying to get all of our ducks in a row, just in case this would work out.
Saturday Talk to Birth Mom, M. Oh that phone call, we were so nervous. Talk about interview jitters. Can you imagine trying to impress the mother of your future potential children. She held the possibility of a family in her hands. She was so easy going and nice. We talked about each other, our hopes, our families, what we like to do, who we are. She asked some questions, gave us updates on the babies and that was about it. She said she wanted us to meet the babies. We said we’ll be there next week. So I’m thinking is that it? Are we in?
Sunday Doubts set in, family expresses concern about validity of things. Book flights, worry, afraid to get too excited, get too excited, pace, pray a lot, read scriptures, feel comforted.
Monday Clean out room for twins, worry, afraid to get too excited, get too excited, pace, pray a lot, read scriptures, feel comforted. Seriously, my testimony was strengthened big time over the weekend. Dave and I both felt good about the babies, we knew. It was only when I began to doubt that I would get scared and nervous. I read some incredible scriptures about staying faithful and positive. Reading the scriptures and feeling the peace and comfort of the Spirit were the only things that kept me sane.
Okay…are we ready to go? I booked a one way ticket to
Tuesday D-Day….sorry this is where I am leaving off until next time
Note: see the "our adoption story" link on "ongoing tales" for previous chapters:)
No comments:
Post a Comment