I was looking around at some of my decorations last night and got a little nostalgic. A lot of my decorations are “hand me downs” from my mom and grandma and grandpa. Check em’ out.
One of my absolute favorites. This little flying witch hangs from my living room ceiling fan and the kids always giggle when they see it swaying from the breeze. I collected this from my mom who saved it from grandmas right after I got married. This same witch hung from grandma’s ceiling fan.
picked this spidery webby stuff up at the dollar store, because really what has is complete without a spooky chandelier!
Remember when ceramic was all the rage! My mom has a great collection of Halloween ceramics and a few years ago I finally convinced her to part with this one.
Spooky Luminary Pumpkin. something new, I made this last week at our super Saturday craft day. Cheapest decoration ever(to make). There is a led candle in the bottom . Check out how to make it : http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/10/crafty-in-kitchen-mason-jar-lanterns.html
Another dollar store find. I love these door hangings, we used to have them up in our house growing up. The best part, is they cost a dollar so it’s fun to let the little tykes play with them.
I was digging through some of my grandma’s linens that I have and I unearthed this fabulous table runner. Isn’t it cute.
When my grandparents were alive and more specifically before my grandma died, my grandpa had this “toll painting” phase. It was pretty funny. This cute old man painting all sorts of crafts. But he was really good. Here is one of his projects. He made this entire thing. When Dave and I got married he gave it to us so we would have something to put on our door for our first Halloween.
Happy Halloween Decorating Everyone!
1 comment:
I had forgotten about Grandpa Carr's toll painting phase-I am glad that you reminded me! That is great that he gave you something that you can always remember him by. I love the flying witch too, it reminds me of things my mom had when we were little.
Post a Comment