“A long time ago a wish started growing in my heart. At first, it was a quiet wish that nobody knew. Then it became an out-loud wish that grew and grew and grew. Until one day my wish came true.”
“Why did you wish for me Mama?”
“Because, I had an empty place in my heart that I wanted to fill with love for a special child like you. Someone who would be my cuddly little one, and I would be his Mama.”
“What about the mama who grew me in her tummy? Didn't she wish for me too?”
“Sometimes, a mama will grow a baby in her belly, and for all kinds of reasons, she’ll decide she cannot be the very best mama she wants to be. The mama who grew you loved you enough to make a different wish- a wish for a family who would love her little ones with a total and adoring love. The kind of love I have for you.”
“Mama, did you wish for me by name?”
“When I first wished my wish I didn't know your name. But that didn't stop my wishing. I asked Heavenly Father to look around and find the child who would be the perfect one for me. Of all the children in the whole wide world, He picked you for me.”
“Did you wish for me all day, Mama? Or only when the stars were out?”
“All the time. I wished for you with my morning breakfast and when I made my bed. I couldn't get my wish for you out of my head. I wished for you through many phone calls….and through mountains of paperwork. I wished for you while I waited and waited and waited. During the waiting I would imagine you. I imagined what you’d look like, or what color your hair would be. I imagined you in your room, playing with your blocks and trains. I wondered, too, if you’d like soccer or piano or art projects.”
“Did you imagine me to look exactly like I do?”
“You are more beautiful than I ever dreamed. One day…One glorious, special, wonderful day, I found out my wish was coming true.”
“What did you do?”
“I shouted for joy! And I cried happy tears. I told all my friends…and the hugged me and cried, too. Everyone knew how much I had been wishing for you!”
“What did you do when you first held me?”
“I fell deeply in love with you. I looked into your sweet face, and right then, you became my wish come true.”
-by Marianne Richmond
Mothers day is such a special day for us. Two years ago, the day before mothers day we were sealed together for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake temple. And on Mothers day we had the twins blessed as we were surrounded by family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment