CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 19, 2008

How NOT to jump your car

So last week after Bunko a few of us were walking to the car, and it turns out my battery is dead. Easy, I'll just get my cables and jump start my car. So I put the black and red cables to the corresponding places on the battery. It looks something like this, easy.


I next casually toss the other end to the ground while I wait for Jen (who took auto 101) to pop open her hood. All of the sudden their are sparks and smoke from both ends of the cable.....what.

So I throw my sandal at the cables to try and disconnect them from my car, which I did. Then I kicked apart the other ones, all the while I think we are laughing and freaking out, it was kind of funny. Well this was all not done quickly enough to save the cables that connect to the battery....they fried. Urghhh.

I think my brain just shut down at this point because Dave had just gotten released from the hospital the day before, so is in no shape to help....luckily Jen and Courtney came to the rescue. Courtney's husband, Cory came the next day and fixed my car, in the so flo heat. Thank you!

Last tip.....watch this video....unless of course you took auto 101. Ha Ha
http://www.ehow.com/video_112636_start-car-with.html

No comments: