CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Applelicious

We had some friends over for dinner tonight, which by the way was fantastic.
I made an apple pie, mostly to help curb my longing for all things fall, while I am here in Florida, and I must say it was mmmm delicious.


Here is the recipe:

Grandma Ople's Apple Pie

Ingredients

  • 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie (I used the frozen deep dish pie crust)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer. (It caramelizes)
  2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
  3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
(recipe found on allrecipes.com)

3 comments:

Darla Pierre said...

It's so good to see you guys! Congrates on the babes! They are adorable! We can't wait to see you guys! We definately must, just let us know and we will be there!
We have 3 now... check out our blog!

Nicole said...

That looks so good, we'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe

Marianne said...

Oh - I wish you lived CLOSE!